How to Fix: Use the eye (layer visibility) to hide other similar visible layers or your background and also attempt erasing on your intfinished layer. You deserve to delete any kind of undesirable duplicate layers by right-clicking the layer, picking delete, or utilizing the trash symbol on the layers panel.
You are watching: Why is my eraser not working in photoshop
3. You are working on a layer maskIf you have actually an energetic layer mask and it is schosen then your eraser is functioning on the mask quite than your image/normal layer.How to Fix: If you accidentally created a layer mask or don’t require it, you can delete it by right-clicking and also deleting it. If you intfinish to occupational via the mask active, yet want to erase your picture choose your photo window.
You deserve to additionally disable the mask or invert (ctrl/cmd+i) to expose the masked location.
4. Default colors for layer mask are not set to black and also whiteIf you intend to erase straight on your mask layer but the eraser tool is not erasing at 100% opacity, the difficulty is likely your default colors are not set to babsence and white.How to Fix: Click D on your key-board to readjust your default colors to babsence and also white. You have the right to usage X to switch in between the 2 colors as you erase your mask.
5. Your layer is lockedIf you try to erase on a locked layer, Photoshop will provide you an error dialog, stating that you can’t use the erase tool.How to Fix: Unlock your selected layer by unchecking the lock icon in the layers panel.
6. Your schosen brush and also brush settingsThe brush you are making use of might have been developed with lower transparency or flow settings. This will certainly provide you a faulty brush even if the settings display it’s at 100% opacity. Your existing settings may likewise be off.How to fix: Use a different brush via your erase tool to view if it functions. Check your opacity, circulation, hardness, and dimension settings. You have the right to view these settings at the optimal of your interconfront on the options bar or right-click your canvas while the eraser tool is active to watch the selected brush and its size and also hardness settings.
7. The Pressure-sensitive pen settingsYour pen’s settings may be affecting Photoshop’s erase tools, particularly on Wacom taballows.How to Fix: If you are making use of a Wacom Intuos Pro, open the Deskoptimal Center and click on Pen Settings. Under Pen, select Photoshop. Under “Tip Feel”, adjust the slider all the method to “soft”.An alternate resolve is to develop a brand-new erasing brush. Go to home windows and click “brush settings” to open up the panel. Click the “produce new brush” symbol. Unexamine the ‘Transfer’ box. Set your various other settings as you’d like.
8. Photoshop settings were accidentally changedYou might have unknowingly adjusted some settings in Photoshop that have actually impacted your eraser tool.
See more: Watch The Martian 2015 Online Free, Watch The Martian (2015) Full Movie 123Movies
How to Fix: Rather than dig about to discover the problematic establishing, you have the right to pick to Resave Photoshop to factory settings. Resave photoshop choices by keeping Ctrl+alt+shift/Cmd+alt+change while starting Photoshop.