You are watching: Where are the settings that are chosen during the installation process stored?
NOTE: If you have the new question on this test, please comment Question and Multiple-Choice list in develop listed below this post. We will update answers for you in the shortest time. Thank you! We truly worth your contribution to the webwebsite.
1. What consists of information on exactly how hard drive partitions are organized?CPUMBRBOOTMGRWindows Registry
B. The understand boot document (MBR) includes a tiny routine that is responsible for locating and also loading the operating device. The BIOS executes this code and also the operating mechanism starts to fill.
2. Which net command is provided on a Windows COMPUTER to develop a connection to a shared magazine on a remote server?net usenet startnet sharenet session
A. The net command also is an extremely vital command also in Windows. Some common net regulates encompass the following:net accounts: Sets password and logon needs for usersnet session: Lists or disconnects sessions in between a computer system and othercomputer systems on the networknet share: Creates, removes, or manperiods mutual resourcesnet start: Starts a network-related business or lists running network-related servicesnet stop: Stops a network servicenet use: Connects, disconnects, and also screens indevelopment about sharednetwork-related resourcesnet view: Shows a list of computer systems and network devices on the network
3. Which type of startup must be selected for a business that need to run each time the computer system is booted?BootManualAutomaticStartStartup
C. An automatic startup will certainly begin the company automatically as soon as the PC starts. The hand-operated startup procedure will certainly occur once the application is released by a user. Tright here is no boot, start, or startup organization form that can be configured.
4. A user creates a record through a .ps1 extension in Windows. What kind of file is it?PowerCovering cmdletPowerCovering functionPowerCovering documentationPowerCovering script
D. The forms of regulates that PowerCovering have the right to execute incorporate the following:Cmdlets: Perdevelop an activity and rerotate an output or object to the next command also that will certainly be executedPowerShell scripts: Files via a .ps1 extension that contain PowerShell commands that are executedPowerCovering functions: Pieces of code that deserve to be referenced in a script
5. When a user makes alters to the settings of a Windows system, where are these changes stored?Control panelRegistrywin.iniboot.ini
B. The regisattempt includes indevelopment about applications, individuals, hardware, netoccupational settings, and also file types. The regisattempt likewise includes a distinct area for eincredibly user, which has the settings configured by that certain user.
6. Which Windows version was the initially to introduce a 64-bit Windows operating system?Windows NTWindows XPWindows 7Windows 10
B. There are even more than 20 releases and also versions of the Windows operating device. The Windows XP release introduced 64-little processing to Windows computing.
7. Two pings were issued from a host on a neighborhood netoccupational. The first ping was issued to the IP resolve of the default gateway of the organize and it failed. The second ping was issued to the IP deal with of a host outside the regional network-related and also it prospered. What is a possible cause for the failed ping?The default gatemethod tool is configured through the wrong IP deal with.The TCP/IP stack on the default gatemethod is not functioning correctly.The default gatemeans is not operational.Security rules are used to the default gatemethod gadget, staying clear of it from processing ping repursuits.
D. If the ping from one organize to an additional organize on a remote netoccupational is successful, this shows that the default gateway is operational. In this scenario, if a ping from one organize to the default gatemeans failed, it is possible that some security features are used to the rexternal interchallenge, avoiding it from responding to ping researches.
8. Which command is offered to manually query a DNS server to solve a specific hostname?nettracertnslookupipconfig /displaydns
C. The nslookup command was developed to enable a user to manually query a DNS server to deal with a offered host name. The ipconfig /displaydns command just screens previously resolved DNS entries. The tracert command also was developed to examine the path that packets take as they cross a network-related and deserve to fix a hostname by immediately querying a DNS server. The net command also is offered to manage network-related computer systems, servers, printers, and netoccupational drives.
9. What is the purpose of the cd command?transforms directory to the previous directoryalters directory to the root directoryalters catalog to the following highest directoryalters catalog to the next reduced directory
B. CLI commands are typed right into the Command Prompt home window of the Windows operating system. The cd command is used to adjust the brochure to the Windows root directory.
10. How a lot RAM is addressable by a 32-bit version of Windows?4 GB8 GB16 GB32 GB
A. A 32-little bit operating device is capable of supporting about 4 GB of memory. This is because 2^32 is around 4 GB.
11. How can a user proccasion specific applications from accessing a Windowscomputer system over a network?Enable MAC deal with filtering.Disable automatic IP address assignment.Block certain TCP or UDP ports in Windows Firewall.Change default usernames and also passwords.
C. Network applications have actually particular TCP or UDP ports that can be left open up or blocked in Windows Firewall. Disabling automatic IP resolve assignment may result in the computer not being able to affix to the network-related at all. Enabling MAC attend to filtering is not feasible in Windows and would certainly only block certain netoccupational hosts, not applications. Changing default usernames and also passwords will secure the computer system from unauthorized users, not from applications.
12. What energy is provided to display the system resources consumed by each user?Task ManagerUser AccountsDevice ManagerEvent Viewe
A. The Windows Task Manager utility consists of a Users tab from which the mechanism resources consumed by each user deserve to be shown.
13. What energy is available on a Windows PC to see existing running applications and also processes?nslookupipconfigControl PanelTask Manager
On a Windows PC the Task Manager utility have the right to be offered to check out the applications, processes, and solutions that are currently running.
14. A user logs in to Windows with a continuous user account and also attempts to use an application that requires governmental privileges. What can the user do to efficiently usage the application?Right-click the application and pick Run as root.Right-click the application and choose Run as Priviledge.Right-click the application and also select Run as Administrator.Right-click the application and pick Run as Superuser.
As a protection best practice, it is advisable not to log on to Windows making use of the Administrator account or an account through bureaucratic privileges. When it is crucial to run or install software program that calls for the privileges of the Administrator, the user have the right to right-click the software in the Windows Data Explorer and also choose Run as Administrator.
15. A technician can ping the IP deal with of the internet server of a remote company however cannot effectively ping the URL resolve of the same internet server. Which software application energy deserve to the technician usage to diagnose the problem?nslookuptracertnetstatipconfig
Traceroute (tracert) is a utility that generates a list of hops that were efficiently reached along the path from resource to destination.This list can administer important confirmation and also troubleshooting information. The ipconfig utility is used to display the IP configuration settings on a Windows COMPUTER. The Netstat utility is supplied to determine which active TCP relationships are open up and also running on a netoperated hold. Nslookup is a energy that allows the user to manually query the name servers to settle a offered host name. This utility deserve to additionally be provided to troubleshoot name resolution problems and also to verify the current status of the name servers.
16. Where are the settings that are preferred during the installation process stored?in the recovery partitionin flash memoryin the Registryin BIOS
The Registry consists of all settings preferred from Control Panels, file associations, system policies, applications set up, and application license secrets.
17. What innovation was produced to replace the BIOS regime on modern-day individual computer motherboards?CMOSMBRRAMUEFI
As of 2015, most personal computer system motherboards are shipped via UEFI as the replacement for the BIOS routine.
18. Which two things deserve to be figured out by making use of the ping command? (Choose 2.)the number of routers in between the source and also location devicethe location device is reachable with the networkthe average time it takes each router in the path in between source and location to respondthe IP resolve of the router nearest the location devicethe average time it takes a packet to reach the destination and also for the response to go back to the source
A ping command provides feedago on the moment between when an echo repursuit was sent out to a remote hold and also when the echo reply was received. This deserve to be a measure of netjob-related performance. A successful ping also indicates that the location host was reachable via the network-related.
19. What function is offered by the Windows Task Manager?It gives an energetic list of TCP connections.It maintains device logs.It selectively denies web traffic on specified interfaces.It provides information on mechanism resources and also procedures.
Windows Task Manager permits an finish user to monitor applications, processes, and also services currently running on the finish gadget. It deserve to be used to start or stop programs, speak procedures, and also screen informative statistics about the gadget.
20. Which type of Windows PowerShell command also percreates an activity and retransforms an output or object to the next command that will certainly be executed?scriptsfunctionscmdletsroutines
The kinds of regulates that PowerShell have the right to execute incorporate the following:cmdlets – perform an activity and also rerevolve an output or object to the next command that will be executedPowerShell scripts – files via a .ps1 extension that contain PowerCovering regulates that are executedPowerCovering features – pieces of code that have the right to be referenced in a script
21. What would be presented if the netstat -abno command also was entered on a Windows PC?all energetic TCP and UDP connections, their present state, and also their linked procedure ID (PID)just energetic TCP relations in an ESTABLISHED statejust active UDP connections in an LISTENING statea neighborhood routing table
With the optional switch -abno, the netstat command also will screen all netjob-related relations along with linked running processes. It helps a user identify feasible malware connections.
22. Which 2 commands can be supplied to check if DNS name resolution is functioning correctly on a Windows PC? (Choose 2.)ipconfig /flushdnsnet cisco.comnslookup cisco.comping cisco.comnbtstat cisco.com
The ping command tests the connection between 2 hosts. When ping offers a organize domajor name to test the connection, the resolver on the COMPUTER will certainly initially perform the name resolution to query the DNS server for the IP deal with of the host. If the ping command is unable to settle the domajor name to an IP attend to, an error will outcome.
Nslookup is a tool for testing and also troubleshooting DNS servers.
23. Refer to the exhilittle. A cyber protection administrator is attempting to check out mechanism indevelopment from the Windows PowerShell and also recieves the error message displayed. What activity does the administrator should take to properly run the command?Run the command also from the command also prompt.Install latest Windows updates.Rebegin the abno organization in Task Manager.Run PowerCovering as administrator.
Best practices advise not to log into units via an administrator account, but quite a user account. When logged in as a user it is possible to run Windows utilitites, such as PowerShell and also the Command also Prompt as an administrator by right clicking on the energy and also slecting Run as Administrator.
24. Refer to the exhilittle. A cyberprotection analyst is investigating a reported defense event on a Microsoft Windows computer system. Which tool is the analyst using?
Event Viewer is used to investigate the background of application, defense, and also mechanism occasions. Events show the date and also time that the event arisen in addition to the resource of the occasion. If a cyberdefense analyst has the resolve of the Windows computer system targeted and/or the date and time that a protection breach emerged, the analyst might use Event Viewer to record and prove what arisen on the computer.
25. For defense reasons a netoccupational administrator demands to ensure that local computer systems cannot ping each various other. Which settings deserve to achieve this task?firewall settingsMAC deal with settingssmartcard settingsfile system settings
Smartcard and also file system settings do not affect network procedure. MAC address settings and filtering might be used to regulate device network access but cannot be offered to filter various data website traffic forms.
26. Consider the course depiction in Windows CLI C:UsersJasonDesktopmydocu.txt. What does the UsersJason component represent?file brochure and also subdirectoryexisting file directoryfile attributestorage gadget or partition
In the route representation in Windows CLI, the components of C:UsersJasonDesktopmydocu.txt are as follows:C: represents the root magazine of the storage tool.UsersJakid represents the file brochure.Desktop represents the current file magazine.The mydocu.txt represents the user file.
27. Which two user accounts are automatically created once a user installs Windows to a new computer? (Choose two.)superuserguestrootadministratorsystem
When a user installs Windows, two neighborhood user accounts are created automatically in the time of the process, administrator and guest.
28. What term is supplied to describe a logical drive that have the right to be formatted to save data?partitiontracksectorclustervolume
Hard disk drives are organized by numerous physical and logical structures. Partitions are logical sections of the disk that can be formatted to keep information. Partitions consist of tracks, sectors, and clusters. Tracks are concentric rings on the disk surface. Tracks are divided right into sectors and multiple sectors are merged logically to form clusters
29. What is the function of entering the netsh command also on a Windows PC?to develop user accountsto test the hardware tools on the PCto readjust the computer system name for the PCto connumber networking parameters for the PC
The netsh.exe tool can be supplied to connumber netfunctioning parameters for the COMPUTER from a command also prompt.
30. A technician is troubleshooting a PC unable to affix to the netjob-related. What command also must be issued to examine the IP attend to of the device?ipconfigpingtracertnslookup
The regulates tracert and ping are used to test the connectivity of the PC to the netoccupational. The command nslookup initiates a query to an Web domajor name server.
31. Refer to the exhilittle. Which Microsoft Windows application is being used?
Windows Performance Monitor is provided to evaluate the performance of individual components on a Windows host computer system. Commonly monitored components include the processor, difficult drive, network, and also memory. Windows Task Manager and Performance Monitor are supplied when malware is suspected and a component is not performing the means it should.
32. What are 2 factors for entering the ipconfig command also on a Windows PC? (Choose two.)to review the network configuration on the PCto inspect if the DNS server can be contactedto encertain that the COMPUTER have the right to connect to remote networksto evaluation the standing of netjob-related media connectionsto display screen the bandwidth and throughput of the netjob-related connection
The command also ipconfig is a useful tool for troubleshooting. The command will display some IP addressing configuration and also the network media link condition. The command does not test the link to the DNS server configured or test remote netfunctions. It does not display bandwidth and also throughput indevelopment.
33. What are two advantages of the NTFS file system compared with FAT32? (Choose 2.)NTFS enables the automatic detection of negative sectors.NTFS is easier to configure.NTFS permits quicker formatting of drives.NTFS provides more defense functions.NTFS supports bigger documents.NTFS enables quicker accessibility to outside peripherals such as a USB drive.
The file device has actually no manage over the rate of accessibility or formatting of drives, and also the ease of configuration is not file system-dependent.
34. What is the purpose of using the net accounts command in Windows?to start a network-related serviceto display information about common network resourcesto show a list of computer systems and also network devices on the networkto testimonial the settings of password and also logon needs for users
These are some common net commands:net accounts – sets password and also logon needs for usersnet start – starts a netjob-related service or lists running network servicesnet usage – connects, disconnects, and display screens information about common network resourcesnet view – mirrors a list of computers and netoccupational gadgets on the networkWhen offered without options, the net accounts command displays the current settings for password, logon limitations, and also domajor information.
35. What are two factors for entering the ping 127.0.0.1 command on a Windows PC? (Choose 2.)to inspect if the NIC functions as expectedto check if the default gatemeans is configured correctlyto display screen the bandwidth and also throughput of the network-related connectionto examine if the TCP/IP protocol suite is set up properlyto encertain that the PC can affix to remote networks
The IP deal with 127.0.0.1 is a loopago attend to on the PC. A effective ping to the loopback address suggests that the TCP/IP protocol suite is mounted correctly and also the NIC is functioning as expected. A ping to the loopback resolve does not test the connectivity to remote netfunctions, nor will it display bandwidth and throughput information.
36. When restrictive protection policy is implemented on a firewall, only particular compelled ports are opened
37. Match the Windows command to the description.
See more: A Guide To Sweet Scent In The Sweet Scent Faded For Some Reason
38. Match the definition to the Microsoft Windows term. (Not all alternatives are used.)
39. Match the definition to the Microsoft Windows term. (Not all choices are provided.)
40. Match the Windows term to the description.
Downpack PDF File below: