horseridersofinstagram Images and Videos on Instagram
It is easy to to forget the benefits of dressage other than the winning a rossette or riding a flying change. Participating in a sport has many benefits. Which of the following benefits do you get from dressage & how often do you take them for granted?
1. Teaches life skills like teamwork, respect & fair play.
2. Improves sleep due to being active due to physical exercise, being outdoors & fresh air.
3. Increases self esteem & confidence.
4. Helps to teach you to learn from mistakes.
5. It develops learning of physical & mental skills. Develops awareness & feel.
6. Helps develop resilience.
7. Helps create friendship, social support & being part of a community. Being involved in something bigger than yourself, sharing common goals & a passion with others.
8. Increases arousal, motivation & energy levels.
9. It improves cognitive fuctioning - decision making, knowledge, memory & attention.
10. Teaches emotional control.
11. Improves communication skills - meeting strangers & interaction with coach.
12. Improves overall well being - your feelings & how you cope with day to day life, happiness due to endorphins.
13. Improves physiology - body weight, fitness, heart muscle, respiratory system, improved posture, improves balance, improves immune system due to being outdoors & limits sickness, improves blood pressure & strengthens muscles & coordination.
14. Working with a partner & team.
15. Provides opportunities & challenges.
16. Accepting vulnerability & developing trust. Having to rely on others & accept help. Building relationships & working on them. Helping & supporting others.
And I am sure you can all add to this list .....
#britisheventing #polosport #horseridersofinstagram #britishdressage #horseandrider #horseblogs #horsegoals #horseandhound #horseracing #equestriansofinstragram #britishshowjumping #horseshows #drlynnpal #horsesofinstragram #equinesofinstragram #horsecompetition #equestriangirl #horsebloggers #carriagedriving